This is the first formal introductory course in being a Volunteer Solicitor with Suncoast Community Legal Service.
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the history of Community Legal Centres, particularly Suncoast Community Legal Service
- Understand the purpose of volunteer lawyers at the Service
- Understand the standards applicable to giving advice
The course is self-paced and shall be completed within a six-week period. The course content enables participants to meet the SCLS training requirements in accordance with it’s relevant policies.
- Lesson 1 – Community Legal Centres and our Sunshine Coast Service
- Lesson 2 – Where does the Volunteer Program fit within SCLS?
- Lesson 3 – What governs giving advice?
- Video 1 – History and Context, The Volunteer Programme and Oval
- Quiz 1 – Vision Statement, Values, History
- Quiz 2 – Purpose and Regulatory environment of a CLC