SCLS is committed to maximising access to our services for everyone and especially those within its agreed target group. The Service seeks to address barriers to access and provide equal access for people in the target group who need our services. The SCLS target group includes Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients and immigrants and refugees with linguistically diverse backgrounds.
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the importance of an understanding of cultural awareness within the legal profession
- Understand the complexities associated with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients and the cross-cultural issues they face
- Understand the importance of cultural understanding in relation to immigrants and refugees who are linguistically diverse
The course is self-paced and shall be completed within a six-week period. The course content enables participants to meet the SCLS training requirements in accordance with it’s relevant policies.
- Lesson 1 – Cultural awareness and safety within the SCLS
- Video 1 – Cultural awareness
- Quiz 1 –Cultural awareness and safety within the SCLS