FOR TENANCY ADVICE AND REFERRAL INFORMATION, CALL QSTARS 1300 744 263
Queensland Statewide Tenant Advice and Referral Service
In January 2016 the Service was selected as a regional service provider with QSTARS (Queensland Statewide Tenant Advice and Referral Service), operating in co-operation with Tenants Queensland.
This is a program designed to assist people requiring tenancy advice and further assistance not available through the Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA) call centre. While the eligibility guidelines are quite broad, priority is given to vulnerable people and groups, and those at risk of homelessness.
The assistance provided by QSTARS’ tenancy advisors ranges from basic tenancy information which is publicly available, to highly targeted responses such as individual support and assistance for those considered most in need. This may include:
- Navigating QCAT (Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal);
- Completing tenancy forms and paperwork;
- Removal from tenancy blacklist databases;
- Negotiating with landlords and property managers;
- Assisting with dispute resolution;
- Meeting requirements for community and public housing;
- Exercising your rights under the tenancy law in Queensland.
Services are offered to eligible persons at several locations across the Sunshine Coast, Noosa and Gympie local government areas (the North Coast region).
For more details also check out our Tenancy Matters FAQs here.